Thursday, October 18, 2007

Glucose Test

Today I had a doctor's appointment. An hour before my appointment I had to drink this gross orange glucose drink. Then when I got there, they took some blood. The test looks to see if my body digested the sugar fast enough. If there was still too much sugar in my blood then that's how they know if I have gestational diabetes. I doubt I do, but they test everyone. Then they took my blood pressure, weight, we listened to the heartbeat and he measured my belly. My next appontment is Nov. 1st. That's in 2 weeks. From now until the last month or so, my appointments will be 2 weeks apart and I'm going to rotate from one doctor to another so that depending on who is on-call when I go into labor, I will know that doctor already and I won't be meeting them for the first time.

No comments: